Thanks to our funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund, we can give out grants of up to £2000 to constituted community groups who want to run a project in the Transforming the Trent Valley area. View a map of the scheme area.
What kind of projects can you apply for?
All projects must take place within the Transforming the Trent Valley scheme area to be eligible. They must also meet one of the following aims of the Transforming the Trent Valley project:
- Conserving, protecting, and/ or enhancing natural, built or cultural heritage;
- Helping people learn about their natural, built or cultural heritage;
- Helping communities celebrate the natural, built or cultural heritage;
- Increasing people’s awareness and enjoyment of the Transforming the Trent Valley area for residents and/or those working in or visiting the area.
Some examples of projects which may be funded are:
- Putting on nature walks for young carers in the scheme area.
- Creating ‘river’ themed art with an adult group which works with people with poor mental health.
- Creating walking leaflets for a circular walk in your area
- Installing interpretation signage for an area of historical interest importance in the Transforming the Trent Valley landscape
- Hiring transport for a group to access the river environment and visit a site of cultural importance in the Transforming the Trent Valley landscape
Our Community Engagement Officer is facilitating the grant scheme, and is available to chat to you about any ideas you have for a grant application, as well as providing support to write the application. Support Staffordshire is the lead partner for this project, and can provide training and support to acquire all the necessary policies and procedures you may need in order to apply.
This grant will run until 2022, and there are two deadlines per year: 25th February and 25th August. All applications are reviewed by an independent volunteer grant panel, who approve or decline applications. If you are interested in being a part of this panel, contact the Community Engagement Officer.More information about our Community Grants can be found here.
Alternatively, please contact Nicola Lynes, Community Engagement Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07837 127165.