We're at the frontline of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 200 sites and around 3700 dedicated employees, we're home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and export supply materials for cement and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
Barrow Upon Trent Parish Council strives to make Barrow Upon Trent a better place to live, work and visit. Their website includes a wealth of information about how they conduct business and what they do.
British Canoeing is responsible for leading and setting the overall framework for all the National Associations and includes areas such as coaching, competition and representing canoeing interests at a UK level.
British Canoeing is the project lead for the RVC03 Canoe Discovery project.
Improving the environment, promoting wildlife conservation, encouraging community awareness in and around Burton-upon-Trent and further afield.
The Burton Rambling Club is the oldest established Rambling Club in the area, founded in 1938, and offers the widest programme of walks and activities .
Burton Swans is an opportunity for artists, businesses, schools, community groups and the public to work together towards something really exciting in Burton. An opportunity to celebrate the area and to get outdoors and enjoy the town in a new way. I'm excited about helping create that sense of community.
The principal aims of the Burton-upon-Trent Civic Society are to make our town a pleasant and interesting place in which to live and work, to make it attractive to visitors and to make it a place of which we can be justly proud.
Burton upon Trent has an historic heritage and the Burton Civic Society plays an active part in promoting and celebrating awareness of the historic heritage of our town and helping to shape its future.
Citylife in Lichfield and Citylife in Rugeley and Cannock Chase are monthly magazines bringing you the very best of the regions' news, events, history features, competitions, and stories.
Each issue features heritage stories exploring the rich history of our areas, plus competitions, interviews, and the latest in fashion and style.
Claymills Pumping Station is a restored Victorian sewage pumping station on the north side of Burton upon Trent. It was designed by James Mansergh and used to pump sewage to the sewage farm at Egginton.
The main pumping plant consists of four Woolf compound, rotative, beam pumping engines. These are arranged in mirror image pairs, in two separate engine houses, with a central boiler house (containing five Lancashire boilers with economisers) and chimney. The engines were built in 1885 by Gimson and Company of Leicester.
Derbyshire County Council is legally obliged to protect and assert your rights to use the Rights of Way Network and to update the register of map modification applications (the legal record of rights of way for the county).
They deal with disputed routes, obstructions to paths, signing paths from roads, path maintenance, path structures (bridges, gates and stiles) and promoting the use of the network.
Use the Derbyshire Rights of Way map to report and track issues on public footpaths including broken stiles, gates and waymarkers to the County Rights of Way Officer.
From surveying bumblebee numbers out in the field to taking toddlers on their first ever mini-beast hunt - our work spans from conservation at its most scientific right through to a child's first experience.
The Environment Agency works to create better places for people and wildlife and support sustainable development.
The Environment Agency is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs.
GeoConservation Staffordshire designates and monitors Local Sites Local Geological / Geomorphological Sites (LoGS).
LoGS are areas of significant Earth Science importance that are considered worthy of protection other than those that are on statutorily protected land such as Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs).
Hanson UK is a leading supplier of heavy building materials to the construction industry. We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, one of the largest building materials manufacturers in the world, the global market leader in aggregates which also has leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities.
Hatton Parish Council aim is to provide information about the Parish Council, the locality and general community information and the site is regulary updated.
Hilton Parish Council strive to make Hilton a better place to live, work and play. Their website includes a wealth of information about how they conduct business and what they do.
The National Forest is right in the heart of the country, embracing 200 square miles of the Midlands. It spans across parts of Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Staffordshire and aims to link the two ancient Forests of Charnwood and Needwood.
With a history of coalmining and heavy industry, the landscape is now that of rolling farmland, ancient forests and new planted woodlands. Its main towns and villages include Burton upon Trent (famous for its brewing), Coalville and Swadlincote (formerly associated with the clay and coal mining industries) and the historic town of Ashby-de-la-Zouch.
Norbury and Roston is a civil parish in West Derbyshire, England incorporating the villages of Norbury and Roston. The two villages are very scattered. The parish is located 3 miles south-west of Ashbourne and 3 miles north of Rocester, on the B5033 road and is near the River Dove (which forms the border with Staffordshire).
Like many places in Derbyshire, Norbury and Roston was mentioned in the Domesday Book in 1086, amongst the many manors given to Henry de Ferrers by William the Conqueror. Norbury and Roston had 17 villagers and 7 smallholders, a priest and a church, a mill, meadow and woodland pasture. The 2011 census counted 117 dwellings and 317 residents.
Today, Norbury and Roston is essentially a rural community of farmers and locally-based small businesses, but the villages are attracting more commuters.
The village includes the 13th-15th Century church of St Mary and St Barlok, the Mary Clowes Hall and Norbury CofE Primary school. The school was built in 1894 and is still open, with some extensions added in recent times -- it has 60 pupils ranging from 4-11 years of age. The railway came to Norbury in 1852, but closed to passengers in 1954. The parish is also the location of a significant heronry.
The village has links with George Eliot's family, the Evans'. George Eliot's father, Robert Evans, was born in Roston Common and sang in the choir at Norbury church, and most of George Eliot's paternal ancestors are buried there.
The village has a thriving community with many activities. Please take a look at the various pages of this website to find out more about upcoming events.
Norbury is a village in the Borough of Stafford in south west Staffordshire, England. It is situated approximately 4 miles north east of Newport in Shropshire, just south of the A519 and 2 miles south east of Woodseaves.
The village gave its name to Norbury Junction about one mile to the south east. At one time (1835) this was junction between the main Birmingham and Liverpool canal, later to become part of the Shropshire Union Canal and a branch stretching south east through Newport to link to the Shrewsbury canal.
The English poet, Richard Barnfield (1574-1627) was born in Norbury.
Repton Parish Council represents the residents of the parish, including the villages of Repton and Milton. Parish councils are the lowest layer of local government, sitting below district councils and county councils.
Rocester is about 4 miles (6.4 km) north of Uttoxeter, and close to the county border with Derbyshire. The village lies on a triangle of land between the River Churnet and River Dove, which join to the south.
A Roman fort was founded on the site in about 69 AD, as an intermediate point between Derby and Newcastle-under-Lyme. The remains of the earthworks can still be seen. After the Romans departed, in about 400 AD, the village remained in use by the Anglo-Saxons throughout the Middle Ages.
In 1141 the St Mary's Augustinian Abbey was built on the site now known as Abbey Fields. The order was disbanded in 1538; the abbey and its chapel were demolished and a manor house was built on the site.
St Michael's Church, Rocester - The village church, St Michael's, was constructed in the 13th century. It was mostly rebuilt in 1873, although the tower is the original.
In 1781 Richard Arkwright bought an old corn mill on the River Dove and converted it to a water-powered cotton mill. The mill was a great driving force in the expansion of the village; its owners were responsible for much building in the village. The mill has now been converted into the JCB Academy.
A major employer had arrived in the village, JCB. The present factory, on the site of the original 1950s factory, was opened in 1970 and is the world headquarters for the company.
Rocester is home to many businesses, a pre school, first and middle school as well as the JCB Academy. It is also home to Roceter Football Club.
A collection of local walks all starting at the grade two listed structure, the Lychgate of Rolleston Church.
Aiming to promote pride in the local environment and enhance the quality of life for those living and working in our village.
Transforming the Trent Valley will be restoring the culturally important lakes at the heart of Rolleston on Dove. More information about this project is available here.
Passionate about nature, dedicated to saving it. Since we started on our mission in 1889, the threats to nature have continued to grow, but we've grown to meet them too.
The RSPB is now the largest nature conservation charity in the country, consistently delivering successful conservation, forging powerful new partnerships with other organisations and inspiring others to stand up and give nature the home it deserves.
Find out more about the development of a mixed-use community at Rugeley Power Station visit the Rugeley Power Ltd website.
Staffordshire County Council is legally obliged to protect and assert your rights to use the Rights of Way Network and to update the register of map modification applications (the legal record of rights of way for the county).
We deal with disputed routes, obstructions to paths, signing paths from roads, path maintenance, path structures (bridges, gates and stiles) and promoting the use of the network.
Use the Staffordshire Rights of Way map to report and track issues on public footpaths including broken stiles, gates and waymarkers to the County Rights of Way Officer.
A selection of walks and circular trails covering the whole of Staffordshire including one or two routes within the Transforming the Trent Valley scheme area.
Ecological Records Centre for Staffordshire, incorporating the Staffordshire Biological Records Centre and Geological Records Centre, both originally based at the Stoke-on-Trent City Museum.
Explore Staffordshire's history through photographs, images, maps and documents
Staffordshire Past Track allows you to explore Staffordshire's history through photographs, images, maps and documents, using a range of easy to use search tools.
Past Track is managed by Staffordshire County Council's Archives & Heritage Service.
Staffordshire Wildlife Trust is the leading nature conservation body in the county and a registered charity. It protects and enhances our wildlife and wild places and promotes involvement, enjoyment and understanding of the natural world. With the support of 16,000 members, it manages 30 sites covering over 3,500 acres including sites of international, European and national importance. As part of The Wildlife Trusts, the Trust is the local face of the largest organisation in the UK concerned with the conservation of all forms of wildlife.
Staffordshire Wildlife Trust is the project lead for the CCA02 WildChild, TTTV2 Interpretation Programme, TL01 Living Floodplains, TL02 Rolleston Brook Hollows, TL03 Transforming the Trent Valley's Heritage and TL04 Stop! The Military Heritage of the Trent Valley. project.
Stretton is a large village on the outskirts of Burton on Trent in Staffordshire. Stretton Parish has a population of close to 10,000 residents. Stretton can boast residential, industrial and retail areas plus many green spaces, woodland walks and areas of interest.
Sudbury Parish Council strives to make Sudbury a better place to live, work and play. Their website includes a wealth of information about how they conduct business and what they do.
At Support Staffordshire we believe that an effective and influential Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector in Staffordshire enriches the lives of local people and communities.
Tamworth Heritage Trust was formed in 2000 at a public meeting held at Tamworth's historic Moat House. From that initial meeting, the Trust became active in many areas regarding the promotion and preservation of the rich heritage Tamworth has to offer.
Today the trust is active in many areas regarding the preservation and promotion of the rich heritage Tamworth has to offer. As well as providing residents with the opportunity to increase their understanding of the importance of Tamworth and its significance in English history the trust champions people and buildings of local and national importance.
Tarmac is the UK's leading sustainable construction materials, road contracting and building products business.
Tarmac lead in the supply of construction material comprising aggregates, asphalt, cement, lime, concrete, road contracting, building products and recycling services.
Tatenhill and Rangemoor Parish Council purpose is to be the champion for improving the quality of life for all of our community so that Tatenhill and Rangemore Parish can achieve its potential.
Using money raised by the National Lottery, we Inspire, lead and resource the UK's heritage to create positive and lasting change for people and communities, now and in the future.
The Transforming the Trent Valley partnership scheme successfully securing a grant of £2.7m from the National Lottery Heritage Fund in December 2018. This combined with match funding brings the total value of the scheme to £4.7million.
The Tamworth Civic Society, the conservation, planning, environmental, local history and heritage organisation for our area since 1973, sadly became dormant in later years. It was re-launched on 22nd September 2015 as The Tamworth and District Civic Society. The new title emphasises that the civic society, as always, serves both Tamworth and the surrounding villages in Staffordshire and Warwickshire.
TDCS hopes to build on the past achievements of Tamworth Civic Society, and to again provide our district with a strong forum and community voice on planning, environmental, and heritage issues.
We are a network of local agencies committed to working together to increase the number of people taking part in physical activity and sport. We are part of an England-wide network of 43 Active Partnerships and are currently funded by Sport England, along with our Local Authorities and Universities.
Once completed, the Trent Valley Way will form a popular tourist attraction and a key part of the Trent Valley landscape. A map of the whole of the Trent Valley Way within the Transforming the Trent Valley project area is available here.
As well as the main Trent Valley Way, there are also a series of circular and linear routes or spurs connected to the main path taking in other points of interest and visitor attractions close to the River Trent*.
* These routes are still draft, and are subject to change as the project develops.
Maps for the remainder of the Trent Valley Way outside of the Transforming the Trent Valley project area in Staffordshire and downstream into Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire are available on the Trent Rivers Trust website.
Tutbury is a large picturesque village in Staffordshire, it is known for the remains of a medieval Castle. It is a thriving community with a population of around 3500.
The Parish was created in 1974 under The Local Government Act of 1972.
The Parish Council serves a very large rural area of 2,787 hectares (marked white on the map) that borders the South, West and North of Uttoxeter Town Council Parish.
The Uttoxeter Walking Club was formed in 1978 with an initial membership of 12. Since that time it has enjoyed a steady growth and today we have over 60 members. Initially the club organized walks in the local area including the Derbyshire Peaks but it did not take long for a more adventurous programme to be developed, including longer day trips and weekends.
Walton on Trent Parish Council strives to make Walton on Trent a better place to live, work and visit. Their website includes a wealth of information about how they conduct business and what they do.
Whittington & Fisherwick Parish is a vibrant community with approximately 3000 residents in the heart of England, some two miles south east of the cathedral city of Lichfield in Staffordshire.
Rural surroundings, good housing, education and social life, together with easy access to employment make it an excellent place to live and raise a family.
Wigginton and Hopwas Parish Council serves the villages of Wigginton, Hopwas and Comberford. This is part of Lichfield District Council, in Staffordshire.
Willington Parish Council strives to make Willington a better place to live, work and visit. Their website includes a wealth of information about how they conduct business and what they do.
Woodhouse Farm and Garden is a Community Interest Company set up to save Woodhouse, a small farm on the outskirts of Lichfield.
Woodhouse Farm and Garden is set firmly in Staffordshire history being part of the Capability Brown designed Fisherwick Estate. You are invited to visit and enjoy this peaceful oasis and support the project by purchasing some of its traditional farm produce.
The entry in the Doomsday Book of 1086 has the original name as LOCHESHALE from which Yoxall was derived meaning "farm in the valley". Then held by the Bishop of Chester, it later passed to the Ferrers family of Tutbury. They forfeited their estates in a rebellion and in 1266 it went to the Earl of Leicester who gave it to his favourite, Robert Holland, who turned traitor at the Battle of Burton Bridge and in 1322 raised the Manor House to the ground. It then went by marriage to John Lovell. He lost it in another rebellion in 1474. In 1507, Henry VII granted it to Robert Arden. In 1539 it was bought by Sir William Holleys, then Lord Mayor of London. Finally it went to the Leighs who held it until 1920 when the Manorial system was wound up.
Famous names connected with the village include William Shakespeare who visited the Ardens of Longcroft (his mother was Mary Arden). William Wilberforce paid many visits to Thomas Gisbourne, owner of Yoxall Lodge, as he secretly piloted his anti-slavery legislation through Parliament. Jane Austen often visited her cousin, Edward Cooper, Rector of Hamstell Ridware and Yoxall.
Lord Palmerston made donations towards St. Peters Church restoration in 1865. Florence Nightingale advised on the design of the Cottage Hospital, opened in 1873.